Bitdefender VPN Review
What We Like
- Free trial: We prefer VPNs that let you take them on a little test drive before you have to shell out money for them. Lucky for everyone, Bitdefender offers a seven day trial of their premium VPN. On top of that, they also provide a free VPN, although that only comes with 200 MB of data usage per day, barely enough to handle a five-minute scroll through Instagram.
- Unlimited server switches: Bitdefender doesn’t limit how many servers users can connect to, which is perfect if you’re trying to see what different deals you can get while searching on Amazon out of London, Bulgaria, or Toronto.
- Dynamic IPs: Unlike some VPNs that distribute static IPs around their user base, Bitdefender takes the more secure road. By supplying us with a dynamic IP every time we log on, we were 100 percent confident that any person or entity trying to track our web usage would have an impossibly difficult time.
What We Don't Like
- No split tunneling: Split tunneling is one of our favorite “nice-to-have” elements on any VPN. Split tunneling lets you route a part of your internet traffic through a secure VPN tunnel while other traffic gets access through a public network.
- No multi-hop: Like split tunneling, multi-hop is an excellent addition to any VPN. Unlike split tunneling, multi-hop helps aid security on the back end instead of usability on the front end.
Bottom LineWith torrenting and Netflix access, you'll never run out of things to watch with Bitdefender's Premium VPN.
ARS Technica. (2010). BitDefender update breaks 64-bit Windows PCs.
NVIDIA. (2020). GeForce NOW Streaming Comes to iOS Safari.