Deals & Promotions
Here are the deals, discounts, and coupon codes you need to save on home security.
From motion sensors to glass-break sensors and security cameras to panic buttons, buying a security system for your home or business can get pricey. That’s why it’s essential to check for discounts before you buy, and, no, deals don’t only exist on Black Friday. Rather, you can save on home security systems anytime throughout the year; if you know where to look for the best home security deals, that is.
Security System Deals
Did You Know: With over 140 years in business, ADT is the oldest security company in the U.S.1 Learn more in our ADT review.
Since Prime Day is an Amazon exclusive, there tends to be discounts on security systems from Ring, which Amazon owns. However, the security system SimpliSafe has also been discounted in the present and past; in 2021, SimpliSafe gave customers 40 percent off security systems and 20 percent off accessories. In 2020, everything in the SimpliSafe Amazon store was discounted by 40 percent last Black Friday.2
Black Friday and Cyber Monday
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are a great time to save on home security systems. Check out the Black Friday security system deals below:
Aside from Black Friday and Cyber Monday, many home security companies offer discounts on holidays like Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, and even Halloween. (Because the only thing spookier than ghosts is home invasions.)
Companies also offer discounts throughout the entire season. SimpliSafe, for example, often gives customers 25 to 30 percent off new systems plus a free camera, which normally sells for $99. Companies like these prove that sales don’t have to be on holidays only.
Typically, you won’t need a coupon code to access most alarm system deals. Rather, the company will automatically give you a discount. However, there are a few companies that accept coupon codes, and here’s the latest as of June 2021:
- Kangaroo: Get 10 percent off select items with the coupon code SALE10.
- Frontpoint: Get $65 off with the code SAVINGS65.
- SimpliSafe: Get 30 percent off select items with the code NEWYEAR30.
- Scout Alarm: Get 40 percent off select orders with the code PERKSPOT.
We’ll update this page as more coupon codes roll in.
Security System Costs
Aside from the security equipment costs, you may have to pay:
- An activation fee, although these are pretty rare
- An installation fee, if you get professional vs. DIY installation (to avoid these, go with DIY systems instead)
- A monthly or yearly monitoring fee, if you sign up for professional monitoring plans through a monitoring service
- Storage fees, if there’s little or no free cloud storage
- Maintenance fees, occasionally
- Permits for your home security system, depending on where you live
- Cancellation fees, if you end up wanting to cancel your home security contract
- Taxes, as it’s unlikely you’ll get a tax deduction for your home security system
- Extra fees for live streaming, home automation for smart home security, remote control, notifications, and more, with some companies
- Fees for cellular or landline backup for your home security system, although this is usually lumped in with professional monitoring costs
Is this list giving you agita? Remember, that’s why you’re on this deals page in the first place. Plus, as of 2015, the last time the FBI collected national data on burglaries, the average loss from a burglary was $2,316.
On top of that, home burglaries made up over 7 in 10 burglaries,3 so you have to compare those potential losses to the overall costs of your home security system. That’s whether you need a security system for an apartment or a security system for a big home. Also, take into account the peace of mind that security monitoring will give you.
Do you need a home security system? If you want to secure your home, the answer is probably yes. To learn more about what home security systems are, beyond what you can save on home security costs, read about how door sensors work, how glass-break sensors work, how motion detectors work, or how window sensors work.
Another home security tip? Remember to protect your home while you’re on vacation. Also, home security doesn’t only apply to your home. You may also need a garage security system to prevent car break-ins.
And whatever you do, never pay full price for home security.
ADT. (2021). Our History.
Popular Mechanics. (2020). The Best Amazon Prime Day Deals on Tech, Tools, and More Gear