Identity Guard Review: Best Identity Protection?
Sophisticated identity theft protection featuring IBM® Watson™ artificial intelligence
All of our content is written by humans, not robots. Learn More
What We Like
- Affordability: Individual plans for personal use range from $7.50 to $25 per month, billed yearly, which is at the low end of the market. Additionally, family plans cover up to five adults and unlimited children.
- $1 million reimbursements: We felt good knowing that we were insured for up to $1 million if anyone should manage to hijack our identities.
- AI identity monitoring: Identity Guard uses IBM’s Watson artificial intelligence, a computer so smart it has beaten the world’s best chess champions, to keep an eye out for identity theft.
What We Don't Like
- Cheapest plan doesn’t include credit monitoring: If you’re looking for comprehensive identity theft protection, the cheapest plan isn’t a good choice due to its lack of credit monitoring. Credit monitoring is available starting with the $16.67 per month Total plan.
- Unimpressive app: While it’s easy to use, Identity Guard’s app isn’t as comprehensive as we had hoped.
- Limited proactive protection:: Although all plans include a Safe Browsing feature and password manager, Identity Guard has yet to offer a VPN, which is becoming an increasingly common feature included with identity theft protection services.