ADT Security System Review
This company has stood the test of time and now offers smart home automation
What We Like
- Trusted company: With over 150 years in business, we felt comfortable with choosing ADT right off the bat.
- Smart home integration: ADT works with a variety of third-party smart home products, including Google Assistant and Alexa. These integrations make it possible for users to control their home security system with their voice, or create smart home commands that can make life easier and more convenient.
- User-friendly app: The ADT Control app was easy to use on both iPhones and Androids alike.
What We Don't Like
- Professional installation only for classic ADT systems: With the exception of the new ADT Self Setup security system brand, all ADT systems require professional installation. While that means less work for users, it also means an installation fee applies.
- Monitoring contract: A binding, monitoring contract is required to set up ADT monitoring. The contract term is usually three years, although it can last as long as five years if you have your equipment financed with a 60-month installment term.
- Monthly fees aren't lowest-price available: The monthly fees scale with your security system, so if you have a large home or if you get smart home and video monitoring equipment, expect to pay a higher monthly fee.
Bottom LineIf you're looking for a security system that's trustworthy, ADT is your best bet. With over 140 years in business, ADT offers professional monitoring that'll give you and your family peace of mind plus protection.
ADT. (2020). About ADT. adt.com/about-adt
Amazon. (2020). ADT Pulse App. amazon.com/ADT-LLC-Pulse/dp/B01NARHJWE
ADT. (2020). ADT Pulse Approved Devices. adt.com/pulse/approved-devices
ADT. (2021). ADT and DISH Network Partner to Bring Smart Home Security to More Customers.
Apple App Store. (2020). ADT Pulse App. apps.apple.com/us/app/adt-pulse/id355736423
Google Play. (2020). ADT Pulse App.
ADT. (2020). ADT Help. adt.com/help