Lorex Security Camera Review
Tough as nails, professional-grade security cameras for home use.
What We Like
- No Required Monthly Fees: This was a huge pro for us, as we didn’t want to worry about long-term contracts or fees. The only costs associated with this security system were the initial cost of the equipment or a fee for premium cloud storage, which was an optional add-on feature.
- High Video Quality: The video quality is 4K, which is among the best of the best for security cameras.
- People and Vehicle Detection: With advanced motion detectors, we were alerted when there was movement on our property. But we didn’t get false notifications like if a branch moved, as our system had artificial intelligent features to detect only people and vehicles. Because we monitored the system on our phones, this feature was wonderful in eliminating unnecessary push notifications.
What We Don't Like
- Installation: The installation process was left entirely to us and there was no option for professional installation through Lorex. If we didn’t want to do the installation ourselves, it was our responsibility to hire a professional installer through a third party.
- No Professional Monitoring: This is a system that we had to monitor completely on our own using the Lorex App. There was no option for 24/7 monitoring from professionals. That wasn’t a deal-breaker for us, but it’s important to note that without 24/7 professional monitoring, we were the ones responsible for calling for help in the event of an emergency.
- Customer Service: Customer service was open Monday through Saturday from 11:00 AM until 10:00 PM EST. That means that if we had a problem with our system outside of those working hours, we were out of luck.
Bottom LineLorex makes good, solid cameras. Period. With video resolutions ranging from 1080p to 4K HD, superb night vision, and on-location video storage through DVRs and NVRs, you’ll enjoy professional-grade home security equipment without the high monthly fees.
PR News Wire. (2019). Smart Home Security Market to Grow at a CAGR Of 19.6% During 2018 – 2022.