Lorex Security Camera Review
Tough as nails, professional-grade security cameras for home use.
What We Like
- No Required Monthly Fees: Lorex cameras record locally using DVRs and NVRs, which means cloud subscriptions are optional.
- High Video Quality: Lorex offers a wide range of cameras, some of which have a 2K or 4K resolution.
- People and Vehicle Detection: Artificial intelligence improves the motion detection of Lorex cameras, allowing them to reliably detect people and vehicles, while ignoring other moving objects.
What We Don't Like
- Installation: The installation process is left entirely to the user, and the way the cameras are setup often requires running cables throughout the house.
- No Professional Monitoring: Due to privacy concerns, Lorex leaves the monitoring to the user. That means if the cameras detect motion, it’s up to the user to check and verify the alert and also call for help if necessary.
- Customer Service: While Lorex does offer support to customers, it’s available only on Mondays through Saturdays between 11:00 am and 10:00 pm EST.
Bottom LineLorex makes good, solid cameras. Period. With video resolutions ranging from 1080p to 4K HD, superb night vision, and on-location video storage through DVRs and NVRs, you’ll enjoy professional-grade home security equipment without the high monthly fees.
PR News Wire. (2019). Smart Home Security Market to Grow at a CAGR Of 19.6% During 2018 – 2022.