Vivint Security Review
Combining total home security with advanced smart home automation features
What We Like
- Professional monitoring: All systems have the option of professional monitoring and cellular backup to secure homes.
- Integrations with Alexa and Google Assistant: In addition, Vivint works with Philips Hue smart lighting and Nest thermostats.
- User-friendly app: The Vivint app is easy to use on both iPhones and Androids.
What We Don't Like
- Expensive monthly monitoring: Vivint is not a cheap system. You could end up paying as much as $39.99 per month for professional monitoring, and that’s not including cameras, extra video storage, and other add-ons.
- Moving fee: If you move, you’ll have to pay $129 to get your system re-installed.
- Proprietary equipment: Vivint uses its own equipment, and that means other alarm companies can’t take over monitoring. If you stop paying Vivint for monitoring, the system becomes unusable.
Bottom LineVivint is one of the strongest smart home security systems. From its smart touchscreen control panel called the Vivint Smart Hub to its AI-powered security cameras, Vivint delivers a unique smart home security experience that no other security system on the market can match.
Amazon. (2020). Vivint.SmartHome – Complete App.
Google Assistant. (2020). Vivint Smart Home. assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/000000e1828451d2?hl=en_us
Google Play. (2020). Vivint Smart Home App.
Apple App Store. (2020). Vivint Smart Home App.
Vivint. (2020). Vivint Support. support.vivint.com/