WeVPN Review and Pricing Guide 2024: A VPN That's All About Privacy and Transparency
Is WeVPN the disruptor we need in the VPN industry? Let's find out in this review.
What We Like
- RAM-based servers: RAM-based servers, a relatively new technology compared to traditional VPN servers, provide better privacy as all data is wiped every reboot.
- Inverse split tunneling: Inverse split tunneling is another innovative VPN feature that prevents selected apps from connecting to the internet without a VPN. WeVPN calls this feature VPN App Enforcement.
- Global P2P access: All WeVPN servers support P2P, a type of connection used for torrenting and sending data straight to other users.
What We Don't Like
- Very few servers: WeVPN hasn’t seen much growth in the past few years, with only a few hundred servers in 47 countries.
- Expensive for its features: We don’t mind paying $10 per month for a VPN, as long as it offers enough value to us. Unfortunately, we don’t think we got our money’s worth from WeVPN.
Bottom LineWeVPN is a VPN company with lots to prove. While it has a great foundation of features in place, its limited servers and relatively higher pricing make it less-than-ideal as an option. That said, we like that it offers RAM-based servers and that it has features like inverse split tunneling and always-on kill switch, which may be useful for some users. It’s not the most refined VPN, but it has great potentials.
Decipher. (2022). Europol Takes Down VPN Service.
TIME. (2016). Netflix Is Blocking a Clever Trick to Access More Shows and Movies.