Ring Doorbell Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals
- Low price-point of only $99
- Only takes 5 minutes to install
- Mobile app for remote access
There are few things more jarring than having someone on your front porch and not knowing who’s there. Ring doorbells are best-in-class devices that enable us to see who is at our home right from our phones. Because Ring is an Amazon brand, their deals during Prime Day are major, but that’s not the only time of year they offer discounts. Let’s take a look at what their deals look like on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Ring Doorbell Black Friday Deals
For many people, the Friday after Thanksgiving serves as the day where they get the bulk of their holiday shopping done. Or, at the very least, it’s a day where we’re able to stock up on goodies for ourselves that we put off all year, waiting for deep discounts.
The great thing about Black Friday is that other retailers that carry Ring Doorbells offer their own discounts on these major sales holidays. While Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals haven’t been announced, it’s important to shop around close to Thanksgiving to see what you can find. For example, NewEgg is currently offering the Ring Video Doorbell 2 at 15 percent off. Other retailers like Best Buy and Office Depot and OfficeMax have had sales on Ring Doorbells as well during the holidays, offering an additional 10 to 15 percent off.
Note: Best Buy has a price match guarantee on many of their products. So if you’re most comfortable buying your Ring Doorbell in person and you’ve found a low price online, you may be able to get them to match it by showing them the competing offer.
Ring Doorbell Cyber Monday Deals
Like Black Friday, Cyber Monday is a sales holiday heading into the holiday season. The term was coined in 2005 by the National Retail Federation as a date to encourage people to shop online.1 We don’t have to tell you how much shopping online has exploded in the past 15 years, and how significant it’s going to be in 2020 as fewer retailers are banking on in-person shopping.
Also like Black Friday, Cyber Monday deals are typically held pretty close to the vest by retailers up until about the week before Thanksgiving. But for those willing to do a little comparison shopping, there are deals to be had. Last year, Cyber Monday deals for Ring Doorbells on Amazon nearly matched some of their Prime Day prices. The Ring Video Doorbell 2 came in at $70 off, and other Ring Doorbell products saw savings of nearly 50 percent.2
Because Cyber Monday isn’t limited to Amazon, and because there are so many retailers that sell Ring Doorbells, it’s best to do as much shopping around as possible once retailers begin making their sales announcements.
Note: Ring—as well as many retailers that carry their products—offers lower prices on refurbished equipment. So if you’re comfortable buying a “second hand” product directly from the manufacturer, you could find additional savings on hardware.
Taking a Deeper Look at Ring’s Family of Products
Ring doorbells are prided for their ease of use, simple installation, and host of integrations with a number of smart home systems. In our Ring Doorbell 3 Plus review we walk through some of the finer points of the system, but for the purposes here, it’s important to provide a quick guide to the types of Ring doorbells available to ensure that we’re searching for the right deals when Black Friday comes around.
The Ring Doorbell family of products includes six different options, so it can be a little bit tough knowing which one is right for our unique purposes. Let’s take a quick overview of the six options.
- Video Doorbell: This product is Ring’s most bare bones video doorbell, with a basic retail price of $99.99 (though often cheaper during the holidays). It offers 1080p video and two-way audio, night vision, Wi-Fi connectivity, and a built-in rechargeable battery.
- Video Doorbell 3: The Video Doorbell 3 is the third generation Video Doorbell, and offers many of the same features of the original, but also has a better camera lens that offers a wider field of view. This doorbell retails for $199.99.
- Video Doorbell 3 Plus: This version of the doorbell builds on the Video Doorbell 3 by offering an advanced motion detection feature that begins recording before an alert is even generated. The upgrade to Plus costs $229.99.
- Video Doorbell Pro: The Video Doorbell Pro is hardwired into your existing doorbell’s power supply so you never have to worry about recharging batteries. With customizable motion zones, a replaceable faceplate to match a home’s decor, and infrared night vision, the Pro is Ring’s best DIY video doorbell, and costs $249.99.
- Video Doorbell Elite: The Elite version of the Video Doorbell is primarily geared towards the more tech savvy or those paying for a professional installation. This doorbell is hardwired through the home’s ethernet connection, which requires no battery and offers more reliable Internet connectivity. This option would mainly be for those adding a smart video doorbell to a broader security system, and costs $349.99.
- Peephole Cam: The Peephole Cam is a great option for users who want front-door video monitoring but don’t have a front porch (as New Yorkers, we certainly sympathize). This camera attaches to the interior of an apartment’s peephole and features HD video, two-way talk, a knock sensor, and customizable motion zones. The device costs $129.99.
Recapping Ring Doorbells
Ring Video Doorbells are just one part of the Ring camera universe, and there are deals to be found on every aspect of their systems year-round. Check out our Ring camera Black Friday and Cyber Monday guide for additional offers to be on the lookout for this year. With six different offerings and multiple stores bidding for our business, it can be tough to decide on the right Ring Video Doorbell at the right price. But with a little searching and comparing, this holiday season could bring big savings to those savvy enough to find the best deals.
Reader's Digest. (2019). Finally! Here’s How Cyber Monday Even Became a Thing.
USA Today. (2019). The best Cyber Monday Ring Doorbell deals you can get right now.