Link Interactive Security System Review
Our experts tested out Link Interactive's 2Gig Go!Control Panel, Alarm.com indoor camera, smart lock, and entry sensors. Here's what we found.
What We Like
- Easy, DIY installation allows for people who would rather put together their security system on their own time without worrying about hefty installation fees.
- A large array of home automation features gives homeowners and renters the luxury to integrate with Amazon Alexa.
- Affordable hardware pricing and a 30-day money-back guarantee provide us with a sense of confidence with the purchase.
What We Don't Like
- The lack of professional installation option makes Link Interactive less than ideal for those who aren’t as hands-on.
- 3-year contracts are standard with Link Interactive unless you specifically request from the sales team for a shorter one and two-year contracts, although contingencies may apply.
- Some technical knowledge is required to fully take advantage of and integrate home automation services, which can be frustrating for those not as tech-savvy as our home security experts.
Bottom LineWith professional monitoring, environmental monitoring, video monitoring, and home automation, Link Interactive hit a lot of things we look for from a home security system and more. Plus, we didn't mind their 30-day money-back guarantee, taking the risk out of the purchase.
Bureau of Justice Statistics. (2018). Criminal Victimization, 2017.
Apple App Store. (2020). Alarm.com App.
Link Interactive. (2020). Link Interactive Support. linkinteractive.com/support
UNC Charlotte. (2012). Understanding Decisions to Burglarize from the Offender's Perspective. doi.org/10.13140/2.1.2664.4168
Link Interactive. (2020). Pricing. linkinteractive.com/pricing/
Z-Wave Alliance. (2020). About Z-Wave Technology.