Reolink Argus 2 Review
All of our content is written by humans, not robots. Learn More
What We Like
- Excellent video: Between the camera’s 1080p HD resolution and its infrared night vision, we could easily see what was happening day or night.
- Wireless: The Argus 2’s rechargeable battery made for a much more simple installation process, and we loved the fact that they offer a solar panel for continuous charging, as well.
- Durable: With an IP rating of 65, the Argus 2 kept on trucking through snow, sleet, sun and rain.
What We Don't Like
- Hard to download clips: While we didn’t have a burglary during our testing, thankfully, we did have some clips we wanted to save long-term, mainly of a beautiful rainbow that appeared one spring morning. However, downloading clips was a bit of a hassle, as we could only download them in 30-second bits.
- Bad for colder climates: If you live in a place that gets under 14 degrees Fahrenheit like us, the Argus 2 isn’t a great option; we took it down in the winter when things got really chilly.
- No optical zoom: We enjoyed zooming in six times in the Reolink app, but we wish the Argus 2 itself had a mechanism allowing for optical zoom, which would be higher quality.
C+R Research. (2020). 2019 Package Theft Statistics Report.
Noise Help. (2020). Noise Level Chart