Swann offers a robust line of mid- to high-end security cameras. But is it the right security camera brand for you? Let’s find out.
What We Like
- No monthly fees: With self-monitoring, we didn’t have to pay a penny after purchasing the Swann equipment.
- Google Assistant integration: We used our Google Assistant to speak through two-way audio and show our footage on our Nest Hub, among other features.
- Weatherproof cameras: Swann’s thermal-sensing camera is totally protected from solids and can even be sprayed with water-jets while still working correctly.
What We Don't Like
- No professional monitoring options: We were 100% responsible for our home’s security, even while traveling or otherwise indisposed.
- No cellular backup: Our system didn’t work in a power outage, as all of the components were plug-in and there was no cellular backup option.
- No Alexa integration: We couldn’t use Alexa to control our Swann system, unfortunately.
Bottom LineLooking to avoid monthly fees for your home security? We didn't pay a dime after our initial equipment costs for Swann, and the weatherproof cameras we tested were definitely worth the money.
Google Assistant. (2020). Home Safe View by Swann Communications. assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/000000d4b11debfe?hl=en-US
Swann Support. (2020). Swann Customer and Technical Support. support.swann.com/s/
Apple store. (2020). SwannView Link on Apple store. apps.apple.com/us/app/swannview-link/id689605065
Google Play store. (2020). SwannView Link on Google Play store. play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mcu.swann&hl=en_US