Swann goes above and beyond the standard home security system experience to deliver more robust options for power users and those with more complex home security requirements. While its products are in the mid to high-end range, Swann backs everything up with a mind for innovation and the features to make it a worthwhile investment.
What We Like
- No monthly fees: With self-monitoring, we didn’t have to pay a penny after purchasing the Swann equipment.
- Google Assistant integration: We used our Google Assistant to speak through two-way audio and show our footage on our Nest Hub, among other features.
- Weatherproof cameras: Swann’s thermal-sensing camera is totally protected from solids and can even be sprayed with water-jets while still working correctly.
What We Don't Like
- No professional monitoring options: We were 100% responsible for our home’s security, even while traveling or otherwise indisposed.
- No cellular backup: Our system didn’t work in a power outage, as all of the components were plug-in and there was no cellular backup option.
- No Alexa integration: We couldn’t use Alexa to control our Swann system, unfortunately.
Bottom LineLooking to avoid monthly fees for your home security? We didn't pay a dime after our initial equipment costs for Swann, and the weatherproof cameras we tested were definitely worth the money.
Google Assistant. (2020). Home Safe View by Swann Communications. assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/000000d4b11debfe?hl=en-US
Swann Support. (2020). Swann Customer and Technical Support. support.swann.com/s/
Apple store. (2020). SwannView Link on Apple store. apps.apple.com/us/app/swannview-link/id689605065
Google Play store. (2020). SwannView Link on Google Play store. play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mcu.swann&hl=en_US