ProtonVPN vs. NordVPN
- Subscription plans start at $78.96 for a two-year commitment.
- Each plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Students can receive a 15-percent discount for a two-year plan.
- The company's headquarters are in Geneva, Switzerland, which means it isn’t under the jurisdiction of any international surveillance alliances.
- Strict logging policies and annual transparency reports ensure that customer data is untraceable and secure.
- A free version is available, in addition to subscription options starting at $3.29 a month.
The Guardian. (2015). Billions well spent: the future of Netflix and its secret users.
Vice. (2020). Private Intel Firm Buys Location Data to Track People to their ‘Doorstep'.