Kaspersky Antivirus Review
Kaspersky is the cream of the crop when it comes to malware detection, but here’s a closer look at its full offerings to determine if it’s the right antivirus software for you.
What We Like
- Best performing virus scans on the market: Kaspersky detected all five malware we hid in our computer, a feat that only one other antivirus software achieved.
- Greater level of control over the timing and details of scans: Scans were fully customizable and could be initiated at the times we were least busy on our computers.
- Affordable pricing: With a free option and premium subscriptions starting at around $3 per month, Kaspersky is affordable.
What We Don't Like
- Risk of data exposure to foreign governments: Kaspersky is facing allegations from the U.S. government regarding its ties with Russia.
- Contracts start at a year long: There are no monthly subscription options. All subscriptions are one-, two-, or three-year long.
Bottom LineThroughout several tests, Kaspersky consistently impressed us with its ability to detect malware. Whether through manual scans or real-time scans happening in the background, Kaspersky detected all the malware we hid in our computer, making it one of the best products at isolating and getting rid of even the newest types of threats.
Bloomberg. (2015). The Company Securing Your Internet Has Close Ties to Russian Spies
The Guardian. (2017). AUS government bans agencies from using Kaspersky software over spying fears.
Reuters. (2018). Twitter bans ads from Russia's Kaspersky Lab.
The Wall Street Journal. (2017). Russian Hackers Stole NSA Data on U.S. Cyber Defense.
Kaspersky. (2021). Kaspersky Security Bulletin 2021. Statistics.