Minut Point Smart Alarm Review
Minut Review: Alternative DIY Security
What We Like
- No monthly fees: Once we paid $130 for the Point Smart Alarm, we didn’t pay another penny to Minut.
- Alexa and Google Assistant integrations: Minut fits into the Amazon and Google smart home ecosystems.
- Minimalist system: Minut’s entire security system is built into one device with multiple capabilities.
What We Don't Like
- No professional monitoring option: All users will be 100% responsible for their homes’ security.
- No cameras: Keep in mind that as Minut doesn’t offer any cameras, you’ll have to buy them from third parties.
- No cellular backup: Since the Point connects to the Minut app over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, we weren’t able to get alerts during a power outage.
Bottom LineOne of the most unique security systems we've seen, the Minut Point Smart Alarm combines motion, glass break, temperature, humidity, mold, light, and noise sensing into one simple device. We were able to get notifications about our home from anywhere without paying any monthly fees whatsoever.
Minut. (2020). About Us. minut.com/company/about-us/
Amazon. (2020). Minut Smart Home Alarm.
Google Assistant. (2020). Point Home.
Minut. (2020). Minut Help Center. support.minut.com/en/
Apple App Store. (2020). Minut Smart Home Alarm.
Google Play. (2020). Minut Smart Home Alarm.