NordVPN Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals 2022
- Subscription plans start at $95.76 for a two-year commitment.
- Each plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Students can receive a 15-percent discount for a two-year plan.
Christmas may only come once a year, but Christmas shopping, or any holiday shopping for that matter, is an ongoing process that typically starts with Black Friday. In the past, we’ve saved a ton on NordVPN subscriptions on these sales holidays, and here’s what you can expect this year.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2022
NordVPN’s pricing is either on the higher-end or the lower-end, depending on which plan you choose. If you go with a monthly plan, you’ll pay $11.95 a month, which we consider to be pricey. If you choose to commit for two years, you’ll pay only $3.67 a month, or $99 in total, which is pretty inexpensive.
This Black Friday and Cyber Monday, the two-year plan gets even more affordable. NordVPN is lowering its price to $79, which breaks down to only $3.29 per month. It’s the lowest monthly rate we’ve seen from NordVPN this year, and one of the biggest discounts of all time. For your reference, here’s what NordVPN offered in the past years:
- 2020: NordVPN added three months of free VPN service to its $99 two-year plan. With this deal, one month of VPN service cost $3.66.
- 2019: NordVPN gave its customers the option to get a three-year plan plus three free months for $3.49 a month.
- 2018: The only NordVPN Black Friday deal in recent memory that surpassed this year’s discounts happened in 2018. That year, NordVPN gave us 75-percent off of its three-year plans, which came out to $2.99 a month. In addition, it gave us access to NordPass, NordVPN’s password manager.
Note: This year’s Black Friday deal from NordVPN offers a 72-percent savings compared to the monthly plan.
NordVPN Subscriptions: What Are My Options?
Taking a step back from Black Friday and Cyber Monday, let’s talk about what you’ll spend on NordVPN on any normal day of the year.
|Subscriptions||Monthly rate||Total price||Savings|
|One month||$11.95||$11.95||0 percent|
|One year||$4.92||$59.00||58 percent|
|Two years||$3.67||$99.00||68 percent|
However, VPNs aren’t the only thing in NordVPN’s wheelhouse. It also offers:
- NordPass: NordPass is a password manager for $4.99 a month, but this Black Friday, you can get it for as low as $1.49 a month.
- NordLocker: NordLocker is a secure cloud storage of up to 10 GB. It costs $4.99 a month on normal days, but you can get it for as low as $1.49 this Black Friday.
FYI: Password managers store all of your usernames and passwords in an encrypted vault. They also perform password audits and generate new passwords for each of your accounts.
Note that NordVPN offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee on all of its subscriptions, so it’s not a huge financial risk to sign up. And if you’re a student, you can get 15-percent off through Youth Discount, which covers 18 to 26 year olds everywhere, Descuento Estudiante, which applies to students in South America and the European Union, plus Student Beans, for students anywhere.
If you’re a student and NordVPN doesn’t sound like the best fit, Cyberghost, Ivacy VPN, and HideMyAss also have deals with Student Beans. To learn more, read our reviews:
NordVPN: What’s Included
So, what exactly do you get if you sign up for a subscription to NordVPN? Here’s an insider’s look from when we tested NordVPN:
- Over 5,000 servers: NordVPN has a fleet of 5,144 servers in 60 countries in the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Africa, and the Middle East.
- Strict logging policy: NordVPN didn’t log any of our web traffic, IP addresses, servers used, etc.
- Kill switch: When we lost our Internet connection unexpectedly, the app automatically shut down Chrome so our web traffic would stay hidden from our Internet Service Provider and any bad actors on the network.
- Torrent and Netflix access: We could torrent movies and TV shows through uTorrent, or simply Netflix and chill when the time called for it. Another VPN with Netflix and torrenting access is ExpressVPN. Compare ExpressVPN vs. NordVPN to learn more.
- 256-bit encryption: NordVPN encrypted our web traffic and IP addresses using AES 256-bit encryption, the current industry standard.
- Multi-hop: On top of that, we had the option to encrypt our data more than once through multiple servers, giving us added protection online.
- Up to six simultaneous connections: Every subscription NordVPN offers can handle up to six devices connected at the same time, which should be enough for most people.
- Apps: NordVPN has apps not only for iOS and Android devices, but also for Windows, MacOS, Linux, Proxy, routers and NAS.
- Browser extensions: It has browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox, as well, if you prefer that to using an app.
NordVPN is one of our best VPNs, as evidenced in our NordVPN review, so we think this year’s deals are definitely worth investing in. But if NordVPN’s pricing still seems like a lot, check out other Black Friday and Cyber Monday VPN deals.