NordVPN Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
- Cost for one month is $11.95
- Cost for one year is $59, or $4.92 per month
- Cost for two years is $99, or $3.67 per month
- Get three months free with the two-year plan
- Subscription plans start at $99 for a two-year commitment.
- Each plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Students can receive a 15 percent discount for a two-year plan.
Christmas may only come once a year, but Christmas shopping (or any holiday shopping, for that matter), is an ongoing process that typically starts with Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. Of course, given the global pandemic (maybe you’ve heard of it?), shopping is going to occur mostly online this year, even outside of Cyber Monday. In the past, we’ve saved a ton on NordVPN subscriptions on these sales holidays, and here’s what you can expect from 2020.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2020
NordVPN has yet to announce their Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals for this year, although we wait with breath that is bated. We’ll update this when we find out anything new, but in the meantime, let’s make some educated guesses on what we can expect.
Past Black Fridays
We’ll start with Black Friday, as NordVPN has had some pretty generous deals in the past.
- 2019: Just last year, NordVPN gave us a three-year subscription (plus three free months) of both NordVPN and NordLocker; for the VPN, that came out to $3.49 a month,1 a very low price indeed.
- 2018: Two years ago, NordVPN gave us 75 percent off three-year plans, which came out to $2.99 a month plus three free months and free NordPass, their password manager.
Past Cyber Mondays
Cyber Monday is also a great time to save. Last year, for example, Americans spent over nine billion dollars on Cyber Monday, up from nearly 17 percent from 2018.2 Given that ecommerce spending is up due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re expecting even more savings this year. So, what has NordVPN given us in the past?
- 2018: In 2018, NordVPN discounted its three-year plan to only $2.99 a month,3 the same as the deal for Black Friday the same year.
- 2016: Two years prior, we saw 75 percent off discounts on two-year plans, also a large amount of savings!
NordVPN Subscriptions: What Are My Options?
Taking a step back from Black Friday and Cyber Monday, let’s talk about what we spend with NordVPN on any normal day of the year.
|Contract Length||1 Month||1 Year||2 Years|
|Cost Per Month||$11.95||$4.92||$3.71|
|Total Amount Billed||$11.95||$59.00||$89.00|
Note: 75 percent off the two year subscription on Black Friday or Cyber Monday would cost only $2.78 a month or $66.75 total; we’re keeping our fingers crossed for this to come true!
Recently, NordVPN nixed its six-month plan, and now offers the options of one month, one year or two-year contracts, which we’ve seen discounted in the past. Note that NordVPN also has options for groups, which they call Teams, but the prices aren’t listed online; you’ll need to request a free consultation to discuss the bottom line. However, VPNs aren’t the only thing in NordVPN’s wheelhouse. They also offer:
- NordPass: A password manager for $2.99 a month.
- NordLocker: Secure cloud storage of up to 500 GB for $3.99 a month.
FYI: Password managers store all of your usernames and passwords in an encrypted vault. They also perform password audits and generate new passwords for each of your accounts.
Note that NordVPN offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee on all of its subscriptions, so it’s not a huge financial risk to sign up. And if you’re a student, you can get 15 percent off through Youth Discount, which covers 18 to 26 year olds everywhere, Descuento Estudiante, which applies to students in South America and the European Union, plus Student Beans, eligible to students anywhere.
SAVE 15 PERCENT: Student Beans is a free service that gives students discounts on a variety of products and services, over 10,000 online stores, to be exact!
If you’re a student and NordVPN doesn’t sound like the best fit, Cyberghost, Ivacy VPN, and HideMyAss also have deals with Student Beans. To learn more, read our reviews:
Your best bet is to sign up for a long-term subscription, as you can benefit from the student discount even after you graduate, depending on the timing.
NordVPN: What’s Included
So, what exactly do we get when we sign up for a subscription to NordVPN? Here’s a taste from our testing:
- Non-member country: Since NordVPN is based in Panama, they can’t be forced to give the government customer information.
Over 5,000 servers: In over 62 countries, NordVPN has servers, although we recommend you check out the exact locations before buying.
- Strict logging policy: NordVPN didn’t log any of our web traffic, IP addresses, servers used, etc.
- Kill switch: When our Internet connection got lost unexpectedly, disconnecting NordVPN, the app automatically shut down Chrome so our web traffic would stay hidden from our Internet Service Provider. Thanks, NordVPN!
- Torrent and Netflix access: We could torrent movies and TV shows through uTorrent, or simply Netflix and chill when the time called for it. Another VPN with Netflix and torrenting access is ExpressVPN. Compare ExpressVPN vs. NordVPN to learn more.
- 256-bit encryption: Our web traffic and IP addresses were encrypted using AES 256-bit encryption, the current industry standard.
- Multi-hop: On top of that, our data was encrypted more than once through multiple servers, giving us added protection online.
- Up to six simultaneous connections: Every subscription NordVPN offers can handle up to six devices connected at the same time, which should be enough for most people as it was for us.
- Apps: NordVPN has apps not only for iOS and Android devices, but also for Windows, MacOS, Linux, Proxy, routers and NAS.
- Browser extensions: They also have browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox, if you prefer that to using an app.
Given past years events, we’re expecting discounts of up to 75 percent off on two-year packages, which should come out to around a few dollars a month for NordVPN’s service. NordVPN is one of our best VPNs, as evidenced in our NordVPN review, so we think these deals are definitely worth investing in. But if NordVPN’s pricing still seems like a lot, check out other Black Friday and Cyber Monday VPN deals.
Bitcatcha. (2020). NordVPN Black Friday Deals 2019 – Only $3.49 /month + 3 months free!
Adobe. (2019). Adobe Data Shows Record Cyber Monday with $9.2 Billion in Online Sales.