CyberGhost Review: A Solid VPN?
CyberGhost offers a number of features at a relatively affordable price.
All of our content is written by humans, not robots. Learn More
What We Like
- No data retention laws: CyberGhost operates outside of all surveillance agencies and government watchdogs. That means it can’t be forced to hand over our data to the government, which is a huge plus.
- Affordable: The cheapest subscription for a CyberGhost VPN connection is $56.94 for two years, which also comes with two months of free service. For the whole 26 months, you'd be paying $2.19 per month on average.
- Kill switch: Although we never count on it, if our VPN fails, our web traffic will still be protected with an automatic kill switch.
What We Don't Like
- Logging policy: CyberGhost kept our IP addresses when we used the VPN, and the country we used it in. However, CyberGhost stored our information anonymously, so we could live with it, as long as it kept our browsing information away from the bad guys.
- Seven simultaneous connections: We’re nitpicking here, but with more and more VPNs offering unlimited simultaneous connections, CyberGhost’s limit of seven devices can be restrictive.