Experian IdentityWorks Review 2023
Complete ID theft protection and credit monitoring backed by Experian
What We Like
- Free 7-day trial
- Daily credit report and scores
- Highly-rated apps for iOS and Android
What We Don't Like
- Free plan doesn’t have enough protection
- Lackluster customer support
- Logging of information like IP addresses, operating system versions, and wireless carriers
Bottom LineExperian IdentityWorks is a good choice if you’re looking for iron-clad monitoring of all your financial and personal data. Experian’s premium individual plan costs a bit more than what we’re used to paying, and customer support has been shaky in the past, but the family plan may be a good option for households that are serious about keeping their sensitive details off the dark web.
Javelin. (2023). Identity Fraud Losses Totaled $43 Billion in 2022, Affecting 40 Million U.S. Adults.
RAND. (2018). Identifying Law Enforcement Needs for Conducting Criminal Investigations Involving Evidence on the Dark Web.
TIME. (2013). The Secret Web: Where Drugs, Porn and Murder Live Online.
Federal Trade Commission. (2022). Equifax Data Breach Settlement.