Experian IdentityWorks Review
Full-service ID theft protection and credit monitoring backed by Experian
What We Like
- Free, 30-day trials for individual adults
- Daily credit report and scores
- Highly-rated apps for iOS and Android
What We Don't Like
- United States-based company
- Logging of information like IP addresses, operating system version, wireless carrier and more
- Scarce customer support options
Bottom LineExperian does more than just credit scores and reports. They have monitoring for the dark web, financial accounts, court records, and more, all in service of preventing or detecting identity theft.
Bureau of Justice Statistics. (2019). Victims of Identity Theft, 2016.
CNBC. (2018). The ‘deep web’ may be 500 times bigger than the normal web. Its uses go well beyond buying drugs. cnbc.com/2018/09/06/beyond-the-valley-understanding-the-mysteries-of-the-dark-web.html
MyFico. (2020). Your FICO Score, from FICO. myfico.com/
Federal Trade Commission. (2020). Equifax Data Breach Settlement.