Nest Cam Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals
- Innovative person detection technology
- Choice of free or paid plan options
- Compatible with third-party platforms
If you’re looking for the highest-quality home security cameras, look no further than Nest. The company, owned by Google, is known for making some of the best devices on the market, but with that comes some pretty steep prices, especially with their newest IQ cameras. Of course, Black Friday means savings, and Nest isn’t immune to discounts; here’s what to expect this year.
Typical Pricing for Nest Cameras
We cover Nest pricing of their cameras specifically below. As you can see, the more cameras you buy, the bigger the discount, which translates to Black Friday sales as well. To learn more about the cameras themselves, read our Nest cameras review.
|How Many Cameras?||Nest Cam IQ Outdoor||Nest Cam Outdoor||Nest Cam IQ Indoor||Nest Cam Indoor|
Tip: If you want to save money, buy the original Nest cameras instead of the IQ cameras; you can save hundreds if not thousands, depending on how many cameras you need total!
Nest also sells a few accessories for its cameras, including:
- Power adapter: This power adapter for the Nest Cam Indoor costs $10.
- USB cable: This cable, also for the Nest Cam Indoor, costs the same amount, $10.
- Weatherproof power adapter: The power adapter for the Nest Cam IQ Outdoor is more expensive at $49, most likely because of its durability.
- Yard sign: Finally, this yard sign is only $19, and it’s a great way to tell intruders to move on.
Now, cameras aren’t the only devices that Nest sells; they also sell the Nest Hello video doorbell, smart thermostats, and Nest Protect, a smoke and CO monitor. We tested out the Nest Hello, which you can learn more about in our Nest Hello review. And, on our Youtube channel, we reviewed the Nest Learning Thermostat,1 as well!
Black Friday Deals for Nest Cameras
Whether you shop on Amazon or at Walmart, last Black Friday, Nest had huge discounts on its cameras, including:
- Get a maximum of $157 off of Nest cameras on Amazon
- Save a maximum of $70 on Nest’s wired outdoor cameras, the Nest Cam Outdoor and the Nest Cam IQ Outdoor.
- Get up to $140 off Nest cameras at Walmart
- Save up to 35 percent off of Nest cameras on Amazon
- Save up to 82 percent off of Nest cameras at Walmart.2
We’re still waiting for Nest to announce its Black Friday 2020 deals, but we expect them to be even bigger and better than last year.
Nest Camera Comparison
Which Nest camera is right for you? Well, you could read our Nest Cam Indoor review, our Nest Cam Outdoor review, our Nest Cam IQ Indoor review or our Nest Cam IQ Outdoor review, or you could reference the handy chart we made below.
|Nest Cam Indoor||Nest Cam Outdoor||Nest Cam IQ Indoor||Nest Cam IQ Outdoor|
|Price of One Camera||$199||$199||$299||$399|
|Cloud Storage||3 hours free, or 30 or 60 days with Nest Aware subscription||3 hours free, or 30 or 60 days with Nest Aware subscription||3 hours free, or 30 or 60 days with Nest Aware subscription||3 hours free, or 30 or 60 days with Nest Aware subscription|
|Field of View||130||130||130||130|
|Field of Zoom||8||8||12||12|
|Infrared Night Vision||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Motion Detection||Person detection with Nest Aware||Person detection with Nest Aware||Person detection, facial recognition||Person detection, facial recognition|
|Smart Platform Integrations||Google Assistant, Philips Hue lightbulbs, Amazon Alexa, etc||Google Assistant, Philips Hue lightbulbs, Amazon Alexa, etc||Google Assistant, Philips Hue lightbulbs, Amazon Alexa, etc||Google Assistant, Philips Hue lightbulbs, Amazon Alexa, etc|
|Two-Way?||✓||✓||✓* 7x more powerful speaker than Nest Indoor||✓|
|Video||1080p HD||1080p HD||1080p HD with 4K sensors with HDR and intelligent imaging||1080p HD with 4K sensors with HDR and intelligent imaging|
Not sure what all these terms mean? Here’s an explanation:
- 1080p HD: When we say that cameras have 1080p HD resolution, we mean that they have 1920 by 1080 pixels; this is the current standard we expect to see from security cameras.
- 4K: 4K imaging means that the footage is twice as clear as 1080p HD, due to its doubling of the amount of pixels.
- HDR: HDR stands for High Dynamic Range, and it basically means that outdoor footage looks more like real life, with less shadow and glare.
- Infrared night vision: While color night vision typically stems from a spotlight, infrared night vision is in black and white and stems from infrared LED sensors.
FYI: Although infrared night vision isn’t in color, it’s much less conspicuous compared to color night vision, which typically involves a bright white spotlight.
- Two-way audio: Two-way audio means that the cameras have speakers and microphones so that the user can speak to whoever’s in front of the camera through the Nest app.
- Person detection: Person detection means that the cameras can differentiate between people and other moving objects, only alerting the user when they detect people.
- Facial recognition: Facial recognition means that if the camera sees the same person multiple times, they will note of that and allow the user to name them in the app, resulting in more specific notifications.
Although Nest cameras may not be the most affordable around, we’re hoping for big things from this Black Friday 2020. Especially as e-commerce spending has increased by a whopping 30 percent this year,3 we’re expecting more spending and more savings than any Black Friday before.
Security.org Youtube Channel. (2020). Nest Learning Thermostat Review.
PR Newswire. (2019). Nest Cam & Thermostat Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals (2019): The Best Nest Camera, Thermostat & Hello Video Doorbell Savings Researched by Spending Lab.
Digital Commerce 360. (2020). Charts: How the coronavirus is changing ecommerce.