Google Nest Cam Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
- Individual cameras range from $99.99 to $279.99
- Discounts on multi-camera packs with two to four cameras from $189.98 to $596
- Nest Aware subscriptions cost either $6 or $12 per month, or $60 or $120 per year
If you’re looking for the highest-quality home security cameras, look no further than Google Nest. The company is known for making some of the best devices on the market. But what’s better than getting great-quality security products? Getting them at a discounted price. With Black Friday just around the corner, here’s what kinds of savings to expect this year.
Typical Pricing for Nest Cameras
Google Nest launched a fresh lineup of security cameras this year, and the good news is, these new cameras are more competitively-priced than their predecessors. Nest’s price ceiling used to go up to $329 per camera, but with the new cameras, the price range is now $99.99 to $279.99. You can learn more about Nest’s current camera lineup by reading our Nest camera review, but before you go there, here’s Nest’s pricing breakdown:
|Nest cameras||Regular price||Bundles|
|Nest Cam (indoor/outdoor, battery-powered)||$179.99||2-pack for $329.99, 4-pack for $596|
|Nest Cam (indoor, wired)||$99.99||Up to 10 cameras at $99.99 each|
|Nest Cam with floodlight||$279.99||n/a|
Tip: If you want to save money, bundling together two or four battery-powered Nest Cams will save you up to $124!
Other Nest Products
Now, cameras aren’t the only devices that Nest sells; it sells video doorbells, smart thermostats, smart speakers and displays with Google Assistant built-in, and Nest Protect, a smoke and CO alarm.
Google Nest Product Lineup
|Product name||Category||Regular price|
|Nest Doorbell (battery)||Video doorbell||$179.99|
|Nest Doorbell (wired)||Video doorbell||$229|
|Nest Thermostat||Smart thermostat||$129.99|
|Nest Learning Thermostat||Smart thermostat||$249|
|Nest Mini||Smart speaker||$49|
|Nest Audio||Smart speaker||$99.99|
|Nest Hub (2nd gen)||Smart display||$99.99|
|Nest Hub Max||Smart display||$229|
|Nest Wi-Fi||Mesh router with smart speaker||$149|
|Nest Protect||Smoke and CO alarm||$119|
Black Friday Deals for Nest Cameras
Google Nest has made its Nest Cams way more affordable this year, but you can get them at even lower prices on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Here’s a sneak peek at Nest’s deals this year:
|Product||Black Friday Price||Savings|
|Nest Cam (outdoor or indoor, battery)||$149.99||$30|
|Nest Doorbell (battery)||$129.99||$50|
|Nest Cam with Floodlight||$229.99||$50|
|Nest Hub (2nd gen)||$49.99||$50|
|Nest Wi-fi router and point||$179||$90|
FYI: More deals and discounts may become available before and after Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday. So be sure to bookmark this page and check back often.
Nest Camera Comparison
This year’s deals from Nest, like in previous years, will come fast and hot. So while we’re still a ways away from Black Friday, it’s best to know which products to buy.
Google Nest offers three Nest Cams, the battery-powered, indoor or outdoor Nest Cam, the wired, indoor Nest Cam, and the floodlight-equipped Nest Cam. These cameras have the same basic features, which include:
- 1080p HD resolution: When we say that cameras have 1080p HD resolution, we mean that they have 1920 by 1080 pixels; this is the current standard we expect to see from security cameras.
- HDR: HDR stands for High Dynamic Range, and it basically means that outdoor footage looks more like real life, with less shadow and glare.
- Infrared night vision: While color night vision typically stems from a spotlight, infrared night vision is in black and white and stems from infrared LED sensors.
- Two-way audio: Two-way audio means that the cameras have speakers and microphones so that you can speak to whoever’s in front of the camera through the Nest app.
- Motion, person, vehicle, and animal detection: All Nest Cams can detect movement, but they can distinguish people, vehicles, and animals, as well, and alert you accordingly.
- Facial recognition: Facial recognition means that if the camera sees the same person multiple times, they will note that and allow the user to name them in the app, resulting in more specific notifications. This feature is available if you have a Nest Aware subscription.
- Nest Aware-ready: All Nest Cams are capable of cloud recording via a Nest Aware subscription. Nest Aware costs $6 a month for 30 days of alert history or $12 a month for 60 days of alert history and 10 days of continuous recording.
- Local storage when Wi-Fi is out: One weakness of cloud-reliant cameras is that they need Wi-Fi to store videos. Nest Cam’s solution is limited local storage that can store up to one hour of event history when Wi-Fi is out.
Given their similar features, the choice, then, depends on how you plan to utilize your cameras. If you need versatile cameras that you can move around, the Nest Cam (outdoor or indoor, battery) is the perfect choice. If you need a basic indoor camera, the Nest Cam (indoor, wired) is for you. And if you need enhanced outdoor security, the Nest Cam with Floodlight is a great option.
You can read our reviews of different Google Nest cameras, both current and discontinued, to get a feel of how they perform. Check out our Nest Cam Battery review and Nest Video Doorbell review to see if these devices are right for you.
Nest made its cameras more affordable this year, and with Black Friday on the horizon, we’ll likely see Nest Cam pricing at an all-time low, especially if you plan to shop online. That’s perfect timing, as experts predict this year’s Black Friday online sales to outdo in-store sales.1 So it’s time to get your computers or smartphones ready and start scouting Google Nest deals!
Syracuse. (2021). Experts make 5 predictions for Black Friday 2021.