Surfshark Cyber Monday Deals
- No-logs VPN company based in the Virgin Islands
- Allows unlimited connections, double VPN and split tunneling
- Choice of OpenVPN, IKEv2, L2P2, Shadowsocks & more
2020 Surfshark Black Friday Deal
- 83% off + 3 months free
It’s not every day that you can expect savings from pretty much all retailers, and that includes VPN companies. This year, Surfshark has quite the deals planned for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but they start even earlier than that if you can believe it. Don’t worry, we’ll tell you about it first thing.
Get Three Months Free
Starting on November 11th, you can get a two-year plan from Surfshark with three months added on, completely free! You can check out Surfshark’s pricing in detail for yourself, but we’ll provide you with the basic information about their subscription pricing here.
|Length of Contract||1 Month||1 Year||2 Years|
|Cost per Month||$12.95||$6.49||$2.49|
|Total Amount Billed||$12.95||$38.94||$59.76|
Once you factor in the extra three months with the two-year plan, that monthly cost technically drops down to just $2.21 a month, a very low price indeed. You can learn more about whether Surfshark is right for you in our Surfshark review, and if it’s not, don’t worry about FOMO as there are a ton of other VPN Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals you can get in on this year.
How much will people save on Surfshark this year? Well, last year on Cyber Monday, the U.S spent over $9 billion,1 and this year, Adobe Analytics predicts that spending on Cyber Monday will real over $12 billion, an increase of 35 percent.2 Black Friday will grow even more, they predict, reaching over $10 billion, an increase of nearly 40 percent from 2019. In sum, we’re expecting a ton of savings this Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and Surfshark accounts for a sizable chunk.
If you’re not super familiar with Surfshark, you may be wondering what these costs actually get you in terms of features. In a nutshell, Surfshark encrypted our web traffic and devices’ private IP addresses so that we could browse the Internet with privacy, with our data kept safe and sound through AES-256 encryption. Here’s a little more of what we could do with Surfshark connected:
- Choose from over 1,700 servers: We connected to a server in New York, but Surfshark also has options in 63 different locations around the world. Basically, if you’re a frequent flier with a passion for wanderlust, then Surfshark is a decent option.
- Kill switch: Maybe our Wi-Fi went down unexpectedly, or maybe our new puppy accidentally turned Surfshark off (and yes, our dog is well-versed in using our Macbook). Whatever the reason, we knew that if Surfshark failed, they’d do us the favor of also shutting down any web browsers or apps so that we don’t expose any information to our Internet Service Provider (ISP). We like a company with a Plan B!
- Netflix: As of April 2020, the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, Netflix has gained nearly 16 million new subscribers, over twice as many as Wall Street expected.3 But whether you’re new to the game or have watched everything interesting on Netflix U.S, you can Netflix and chill with Surfshark connected. And aside from general privacy (maybe you don’t want your ISP to know how many times you watched that new season of Queer Eye), using Surfshark with Netflix has one distinct advantage: being able to access Netflix in other countries, all from the comfort of your own home. You may not know that Netflix doesn’t look the same everywhere; on the contrary, different countries have completely different catalogues. And after the eighth rewatch of the Queer Eye season in Aliza’s hometown, Philadelphia, this feature was much appreciated.
- Split tunneling: Many people working from home, us included, will need to access public and private networks at the same time, which Surfshark allowed.
FYI: Split tunneling means that you can route some of your traffic to the VPN and some directly to the public Wi-Fi network. This will lower your bandwidth and increase browsing speeds.
- Torrenting: Even with the ability to watch Netflix internationally, you still may run out of content that interests you, so it’s time to torrent, all non-copyrighted material, anyway. Fortunately, Surfshark allows for torrenting so you can download that old, black and white movie without anyone knowing.
- Multi-hop: We already mentioned that Surfshark encrypted our IP addresses and browsing data with AES-256, but what we didn’t mention is that they performed this encryption multiple times. Think of it as shuffling a card deck multiple times. With each shuffle, it makes it that much harder to find one out of 52 cards, or, in the case of Surfshark, one out of literally trillions of IP addresses and search queries.
- Fast speeds on Mac: While we saw a troubling amount of latency on our Acer Aspire 5 with Surfshark on, it performed very nicely on our Macbook Pro, with only a 2 percent increase in latency, a 31 percent decrease in download speed and a nine percent decrease in upload speed.
Device and Web Browser Compatibility
Wondering if Surfshark will work on your device? It’s compatible with:
- macOS (and due to its fast speeds, Surfshark is actually one of the top VPNs for Mac)
- Fire TV Stick.
But if you don’t feel like downloading an app for whatever reason, you can also use their browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox.
Note: If you go with one of Surfshark’s browser extensions, keep in mind that it will only encrypt the traffic from your web browser and not from any other web-based apps on your device.
If you’re planning on buying Surfshark this year, you might as well wait until their deal goes live on November 11th. And don’t worry about buyer’s remorse, as Surfshark has a 30-day money-back guarantee. In other words, you can sign up for the 27-month plan to lock in that extra-low rate, and if you don’t like it, you can simply cancel and get that $59.76 back. But if you don’t, you’ll enjoy private internet browsing for more than two years to come.
Adobe. (2019). Adobe Data Shows Record Cyber Monday with $9.2 Billion in Online Sales
Adobe. (2020). Adobe Analytics Holiday Forecast 2020.
LA Times. (2020). Record high Netflix subscriptions in coronavirus crisis.