ADT Doorbell Camera Review 2022
See who’s knocking with an ADT video doorbell.
What We Like
- Facial recognition capabilities: ADT doorbell cameras let us distinguish which of our friends and family were on our doorstep.
- Full-service and DIY options: We liked having the choice between 24/7 professional monitoring with ADT and monitoring our cameras ourselves with Blue by ADT.
- Wide fields of view: With 160-degree and 180-degree options, ADT doorbell cameras let us see everything going on in front of our home.
What We Don't Like
- No local storage options: We were surprised that ADT’s doorbell cameras don’t have an SD card slot, especially since their indoor and outdoor cameras do.
- Relatively low resolution: The camera resolution for ADT’s doorbell was just 960x1280, and even Blue by ADT’s 1080p resolution is low compared to 4K cameras on the market.
- Limited durability: ADT’s doorbell camera is rated just IP54, and Blue by ADT’s doorbell camera isn’t IP rated at all. Neither one works in temperatures over 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
Bottom LineADT’s doorbell cameras protected our home day and night with great features like facial recognition, though we do wish the devices had better weather ratings.
ADT. (2022). ADT GOOGLE PARTNERSHIP. adt.com/google