SimpliSafe Video Doorbell Pro Review
Find out if the SimpliSafe Video Doorbell Pro lives up to SimpliSafe’s reputation for quality.
What We Like
- Artificial intelligence: The SimpliSafe Video Doorbell Pro uses artificial intelligence to ignore motion from cars and animals, while keeping person detection on point.
- 1080p HDR quality: A 1080p HD resolution is standard among video doorbells, but the SimpliSafe doorbell stands out because of HDR that keeps videos glare-free.
- 162-degree field of view: With a wider scope of our neighborhood street, we saw cars parking, joggers passing through, and lots of other events going on beyond our front door.
What We Don't Like
- No smart home integration: Although SimpliSafe works with Alexa and Google Assistant, the video doorbell itself is not as smart home-friendly as other top options.
- Hardwiring required: The SimpliSafe doorbell doesn’t have a battery, so it’s strictly hardwired-only. An existing doorbell setup is required.
Bottom LineLike the rest of their security system, SimpliSafe impressed us when it came to their Video Doorbell Pro. Our favorite features? The camera's 1080p HD video, 162-degree field of view and clear infrared night vision, to name a few.
Statista. (2020). Smart home devices sales in the United States from 2016 to 2019.
Smart Insights. (2019). Mobile marketing statistics compilation.
Markets and Markets. (2020). Home Security System Market.