Private VPN Review 2023: An Underrated VPN
Private VPN may not be the most impressive VPN on paper, but the user experience stands out.
All of our content is written by humans, not robots. Learn More
By Brett Cruz, Digital Security Expert Last Updated on Jun 05, 2023
What We Like
- Premium customer support: Live chat is available around the clock, and the agents reply quickly to queries.
- Remote help: A tech-support agent can set up the VPN on your device remotely for free.
- Affordable pricing: The monthly rate is $9.90, but you can get it for as low as $2 per month if you sign up long-term.
What We Don't Like
- Limited server network: Private VPN has only about 200 servers, which can result in traffic congestion at times.
- No split tunneling: Private VPN lacks a split tunneling feature, which means you’ll need to switch the VPN on and off if you’re using apps that are not VPN-friendly.
- WireGuard manual setup: If you want to use WireGuard as your VPN protocol, you’ll need to set it up manually since it’s not supported natively on the app.
Bottom LinePrivate VPN flies under the radar, but it’s a reliable — albeit simplistic — VPN. Its straightforward nature is sometimes a strength, but its lack of advanced features like split tunneling can severely limit the VPN experience of advanced users.
The Intercept. (2018, Mar 1). THE POWERFUL GLOBAL SPY ALLIANCE YOU NEVER KNEW EXISTED.