Nest Secure Review
Google-owned Nest is a go-to choice for smart home security and automation
What We Like
- DIY or professional installation: With help from the Nest app, you don’t need to be a tech genius to set up Nest Secure, but it only costs $99 to get it set up by a professional.
- Great smart home integrations: Whether you are in the Google or Amazon ecosystem, Nest cameras can be commanded using your voice alone.
- Top-notch devices: From their high-quality cameras to their uniquely designed entry sensors, Nest does things differently than most security companies we’ve reviewed.
What We Don't Like
- Affordable equipment: Although you get quality devices, Nest’s prices are a bit on the higher end, especially when it comes to their security cameras.
- Lower monitoring costs: You’ll pay a minimum of $19 a month for professional monitoring and cellular backup, certainly not the lowest price we’ve seen.
Bottom LinePerhaps one of the most aesthetically-pleasing security systems we've tested, Nest Secure gave us a ton of options, be it DIY installation, professional installation, self-monitoring, or 24/7 professional monitoring for added security. It's integrations with Alexa and Google Assistant plus LIFX, Hue and more didn't hurt, either!
Porch. (2019). Home Security Sentiments. porch.com/resource/home-security-sentiments
eMarketer. (2020). Amazon Maintains Convincing Lead in US Smart Speaker Market. emarketer.com/content/amazon-maintains-convincing-lead-in-us-smart-speaker-market