Canary Flex Review
This indoor/ outdoor camera costs only $169, much less than the industry average, but is it worth it?
All of our content is written by humans, not robots. Learn More
What We Like
- Affordable: At $169, Canary Flex is an affordable, battery-powered outdoor security camera.
- Flexible mounting and installation options: With several mounts sold on Canary’s website, and with its wire-free design and rugged hardware, you can place Canary almost anywhere.
- Artificial intelligence: Canary Flex has artificial intelligence that helps it distinguish between people and moving vehicles and pets — a useful feature for an outdoor camera.
What We Don't Like
- Lack of local storage: You’ll have to make-do with Canary’s paid 30-day cloud subscription to record any footage captured by Canary Flex. Subscriptions start at $9.99 per month.
- Limited one-year warranty: Canary Flex comes with a one-year device warranty, which is short considering that security cameras are expected to last more than a year.
- Not the best outdoor night vision: While we were impressed by the camera’s night vision when used indoors, we’re not confident it’s enough in an outdoor setting. It can be difficult, for example, to make out details 30 feet away from the camera.