Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro Review
Although Vivint's outdoor camera is expensive, we were more than impressed with its 4K HDR sensor, person detection and 85-decibel siren.
All of our content is written by humans, not robots. Learn More
What We Like
- Vivint compatibility: If you’re already in the Vivint security system and want to control everything from one app, then this camera makes sense.
- Professional installation: If you’re not a DIY type of person then you’ll appreciate Vivint’s full service, included in the $399 price tag.
- Person detection: Not only can the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro detect people, but it can also tell when they’re loitering on your property, prompting the red light ring, warning tones, and a notification for you with the person’s image.
What We Don't Like
- Affordable price: At $399 for the camera and professional installation, this is one of the more expensive outdoor cameras that we’ve come across.
- Free storage: While some companies provide both cloud and local storage for free, Vivint will charge $5 a month for 14 days of 30-second video clips— not the most generous offer in the world.
- DIY installation: This ties in with the price in general, as professional installation makes the camera more expensive than it would’ve been without.