Brinks Home Security Review
Brinks Review: What Our Experts Think of Brinks
What We Like
- Google Assistant and Alexa integrations: If you’re already in the Google or Amazon smart home ecosystems, Brinks could fit right in.
- User-friendly equipment: From the touchscreen control panel to the wireless security cameras, Brink’s equipment provides great user experience.
- Cellular backup and professional monitoring included: Everyone who signs up with Brinks pays monthly for 24/7 professional monitoring and cellular backup.
What We Don't Like
- Expensive monitoring: Starting at $39.99 a month, Brinks doesn’t have the lowest monthly fees around.
- Long-term contracts: We had to sign three-year contract with Brinks, which means we have to pay the monthly professional monitoring fee for at least three years.
- New app: While we like that Brinks has its own app now, the Brinks Home app is new and still have a few kinks that need ironing out.
Bottom LineBrinks is a well-rounded security system that offers professional monitoring and installation, security and safety monitoring, and great customer support. Brinks works well with home automation platforms, although the long-term contract and pricey monthly fee might give homeowners on a budget a pause.
QSR Magazine. (2009). A Look Back at 150 of Brink's Security.
Brinks Home Security. (2018). Google Home – Control Brinks Home Security.
Kasa Smart. (2020). About Us. kasasmart.com/about