Protect America Review
Affordable DIY home security systems featuring a low-price guarantee
What We Like
- Free professional monitoring: Protect America is the only system we’ve reviewed where professional monitoring is not only included but also free.
- DIY installation with phone support: It’s the best of both worlds; while you won’t pay anything to get your system installed, the over the phone support was excellent, in our experience.
- Alexa integration: Protect America is a great choice if you’re already in the Amazon ecosystem like us.
What We Don't Like
- Long-term contracts: Three years may be longer than you want to be locked into Protect America, which is the term length for the required cellular backup.
- Not the most affordable: With monthly prices ranging from $20 to $60 a month, you may up paying a non-negligible amount for backup.
- Faulty camera: Protect America’s indoor camera didn’t impress us in terms of video and AI, resulting in a lot of false notifications.
Bottom LineFree professional monitoring is nearly unheard of when it comes to the home security market, but Protect America is an exception. Plus, the system worked with Alexa, making it a great choice for those already in the Amazon ecosystem.
PE Hub. (2010). Rockbridge Buys Protect America.
Protect America. (2020). About Us. protectamerica.com/about-us
Jacksonville State University. (2013). SecurAlert 2013: Home Burglary Awareness and Prevention. jsu.edu/police/docs/Schoolsafety.pdf
Amazon. (2020). Protect America: Alexa Skills.
Protect America. (2020). Monitoring Agreement. secure.protectamerica.com/sample/en
eMarketer. (2019). US Voice Assistant Users 2019. emarketer.com/content/us-voice-assistant-users-2019
Apple App Store. (2020). Protect America App.